Search This Blog

Monday 22 June 2015

How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper



Title: How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf
Author: Molly Harper
Published: February 22, 2011

Publisher: Pocket Books
ISBN: 
978-1439195864
Genre: Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Northern Exposure
Even in Grundy, Alaska, it’s unusual to find a naked guy with a bear trap clamped to his ankle on your porch. But when said guy turns into a wolf, recent southern transplant Mo Wenstein has no difficulty identifying the problem. Her surly neighbor Cooper Graham—who has been openly critical of Mo’s ability to adapt to life in Alaska—has trouble of his own. Werewolf trouble. 
For Cooper, an Alpha in self-imposed exile from his dysfunctional pack, it’s love at first sniff when it comes to Mo. But Cooper has an even more pressing concern on his mind. Several people around Grundy have been the victims of wolf attacks, and since Cooper has no memory of what he gets up to while in werewolf form, he’s worried that he might be the violent canine in question. 
If a wolf cries wolf, it makes sense to listen, yet Mo is convinced that Cooper is not the culprit. Except if he’s not responsible, then who is? And when a werewolf falls head over haunches in love with you, what are you supposed to do anyway? The rules of dating just got a whole lot more complicated. . . .

Rating: 

OMG you guys, this was so much fun.

I did not expect this book to be as well written as it actually is. Which, is kind of an asshole thing for me to think, but it surprised the hell out of me.

I absolutely loved this book.

I loved Mo! Which is, like, woah!

Because, I don't like female MCs. They piss me off. I normally want to gouge their eyes out. Well, not Mo. I want to be this chick's best friend. She cooks awesome deserts, is utterly hilarious, and has a lingerie obsession. What's not to like? And, I can totally relate to her:

“Well, that cinched it. He was an asshole. I was definitely going to end up sleeping with him.”


I love the dynamic between her and Cooper. It gives me the good tinglies. Also, again, they're utterly hilarious:

“Well, pardon me for not knowing about the thermal-only panty rule,” I said, smirking as he dipped his head to nuzzle one of the silky bra cups. “I’ll rush right out and buy some long johns.”

Pausing to look up with perfect sincerity, he promised, “If you do, I will weep. Like a little girl. In public.”


Mostly, I love that I can imagine that they'd be real people. Like I could rock up to Grundy, Alaska and there would be the Blue Glacier Saloon with Evie and Buzz behind the bar and Mo in the kitchen and Cooper sat at the bar, growling at people. I suppose that's what really helped me like this book, just how easy it is to imagine that these characters are people you could come across in your own town. It lends a nice authenticity to the story. As much as a story about a hot werewolf can be considered authentic anyway ...

The story was engaging and really well paced. I loved the fact that they didn't jump straight into bed with each other and you can't beat a good dose of antagonistic lust-filled banter whilst they come to terms with their attraction for each other. The supporting cast was just right and it was so refreshing to see the unrequited love interest not turn out to be an asshole.

Overall, an awesome, fun read that I will definitely be going back to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment